Ideally situated at the foot of the slopes, our chalet-hotel La Tapiaz provides the starting point for unforgettable hikes and wonderful walks through breathtaking scenery, both in summer and in winter. 8 sophisticated and comfortable rooms blending design and tradition and all furnished with a great eye for detail. With its chic and welcoming atmosphere, it is a veritable haven for relaxation and replenishment, combining nature, comfort and modernity; a cosy spot to relax with family and friends.
An interior passageway directly links La Tapiaz and La Marmotte hotels, so you can go and sit in front of the fire without having to step outside! Visit the lounge with its large windows; in the afternoon to savour a delicious, home-made pastry or in the evening for a friendly pre-dinner drink.
Every evening, 3 restaurants are proposed : a mountain brasserie and grill, a savoyard restaurant and a fine-dining restaurant.
Check out our brochure 2017
- 1936: Creation of the Hotel La Marmotte
- 1947: Bought by the Mirigay family (tea-shop with 6 bedrooms)
- Late 40s: The first ski-lifts make their appearance in Les Gets
- 50s: 1st major extension with 24, then 32 rooms
- 60s: 48 rooms and 3-star rating
- 1989: Opening of a health suite, replaced by the spa in early 2000
- 2007: Opening of the La Païka mountain restaurant
- 2009: The Hotel La Marmotte obtains a 4-star rating
- 2011: Building of the La Tapiaz hotel
- From 1947 to 1984 the hotel is run by the great-grandparents and grandparents.
- In 1985 their children (brother and sister Henry and Josette Mirigay) take over the management
- Finally, Alexis Mirigay takes over the management in 2010
- 2012: Renovation of the restaurant of La Marmotte
- 2013: Renovation at hotel La Marmotte kitchen, lounge, bar, reception and lobby.
- 2015 : Opening of 7 suites at Hotel La Marmotte